Governor Kim Reynolds announced her recommendation that schools across Iowa close through the end of the 2019-20 school year. As a result, Okoboji schools will be closed indefinitely.
The Okoboji Community School District created this page to provide a place to organize all Coronavirus items for our stakeholders. We will keep this page up to date as we receive new information and guidance from the Iowa Department of Public Health, Iowa Department of Education, and CDC. Please don't hesitate to contact the district if you have any questions about how we're handling the rapidly changing Coronavirus situation in our schools. Additionally, there is a Coronavirus hotline that can be reached by dialing 211.
Finally, you play a vital role in helping to prevent the spread of the virus. Please follow steps laid out by the public health experts:
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if any flu-type symptoms present themselves.